Friends of Midtown is a Pennsylvania 501(c)(3) not-for-profit community benefit organization dedicated to the ongoing economic and cultural development of Midtown Harrisburg. We’re Harrisburg residents and business owners who take pride in Midtown’s unique qualities and want to help it continue to improve!
The mission of Friends of Midtown is to engage the community through initiatives designed to spur Midtown Harrisburg’s progress as a vibrant, clean, safe, and diverse urban community.
- Strengthen the intrinsic physical structures of community by promoting a pedestrian-scaled streetscape that is safe and clean.
- Stimulate Midtown’s economic revitalization by encouraging small business growth that contributes to a more livable community and quality of life for all.
- Spark public participation through events and activities that celebrate Midtown’s diverse culture and contribute to community well-being.
Friends of Midtown focuses its efforts within the area of Harrisburg commonly known as “Midtown,” stretching from Forster Street to Maclay Street and Front Street to Seventh Street.
Board of Directors
- Shawn Westhafer, President
- Eileen Carson, Vice President and Beautification Cochair
- Lorrie Hodgkiss, Treasurer
- Georgia Latsha, Secretary and Membership Cochair
- Marissa Hockenberry, Beautification Cochair
- Andrea Black, Business Cochair
- Adam Porter, Business Cochair
- Judy Aims, Citizen Safety Cochair
- Jack McGettigan, Citizen Safety Cochair
- Greg O’Loughlin, Communications Chair
- Hana Rosen-Westhafer, Events Chair
- Jamie Lemon, Membership Cochair
- Bonnie Rhoads, Market Place Homeowners Association Representative
- Meredith LaBuda, New Fox Ridge Homeowners Association Representative
- Jared Blouch, Olde Uptown Neighborhood Association Representative
How to Become a Member
Friends of Midtown seeks volunteers among all people who share the vision for Midtown’s revitalization and are ready to take action. Though our focus is geographically bound to the Midtown section of Harrisburg, membership is open to all people — whether or not they live in Midtown — because we realize the improvements here will have a profound impact on the entire city.
It’s easy to become a member. We hope you’ll join today!