Members of the Susquehanna Art Museum have reviewed the artist entries for the Paint the Plugs project and decided on these 12 submissions:
- Sean Arce, Anna Leal, Pamela MacNett, Capitol, Forster
- Lisa Bennett, Camelback Bridge, Peffer
- Valerie Betz, Illusion, Verbeke
- Vivian Calderon, Urban Prints, Calder
- Meisa Chase, Owl, Hamilton
- Meisa Chase, Robot Tape Deck, Herr
- Lindsey Christie, Unity, Cumberland
- Rachel Campbell, Mexican Plug, Muench
- Liz Laribee, Yellow Plugmarine, Geiger
- Carlin Luz, Sunset Silhouette, Reily
- Carlin Luz, Zentangled, Harris
- Jo Ann Neal, Wild Thang, Kelker
These artists will each paint a fireplug on 3rd Street in Midtown by September 15. We will have an online vote for the favorite design beginning September 16 running through September 24. Winning designs will receive a cash prize. So keep a look out for the newly painted plugs, and visit our website in September to cast your vote.
The winning designs will be announced at the Midtown Block Party on Susquehanna Street on September 24.