The winners of FOM’s Urban Landscaping contest were announced at FOM’s summer social held last Friday evening at Mantis Collective Gallery/Moviate. The winners are:
- 1st place: Renee Swartz, 235 Hamilton $25 Lowes gift card, pair of Punk Rock Gardens gloves, Highland Gardens coupons
- 2nd place: Bryan Moore, 409 Herr $15 Lowes gift card, pair of Punk Rock Gardens gloves, Highland Gardens coupons
- 3rd place: students of the Math Science Academy, 1205 N Sixth $10 Lowes gift card, pair of Punk Rock Gardens gloves, Highland Gardens coupons
Honorable mentions: Jessica Sprajcar, 305 Fox Ridge Court; Bill Fritz, Patrick Brady, and Chad Cavanaugh, 270 Cumberland; Dot Montaine, 213 Hamilton; Denise Williams, 2030 Green; Eric Hoffer and Kurt Wagner, 1518 Penn; and Deborah Hughes, 223 Herr.
Thanks to those who participated and to the panel of 3 judges who volunteered their time:
- Erica Shaffer: nursery manager of Highland Gardens; landscape designer and consultant.
- Nikos Phelps: president of Utopian Landscapes LLC, Christmas Décor and NiteTime Décor companies in Harrisburg; 2007 graduate of Penn State’s Landscape Contracting Program.
- Wendy Brister: landscape designer, Pennsylvania certified horticulturalist; garden topic presenter; Punk Rock Gardens blogger; adjunct faculty at HACC.
We look forward to more entrants next year. A few photos of the 1st place winner are shown below. Photos of all entrants can be found here.